Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Blogtastic Day

On a normal evening, I blog or surf the net while watching TV - and I don't miss a beat. I have an uncanny ability for multitasking that drives my husband crazy. Tonight however, blog writing is slow going.. Tonight's movie is in Spanish and well, it's tough to read the subtitles and write at the same time.. Perhaps I should have paid more attention in Spanish class... Well, anyway - here's hoping you can all forgive the typos I'm bound to overlook.

According to bloglossary.com, "Blogtastic is a term used to describe something wonderful (think: fantastic) in the opinion of the blogger". For me, however, a Blogtastic Day is a day that is affected in a positive manner by the blogs we read. And today was a Blogtastic Day.

I spent two hours busting my bottom in the gym this morning, left famished, and decided tonight I needed a Great Dinner. So, I decided on Deb's Black Bean Soup with Toasted Cumin Seed Crema and Annie's Granny's Yeast Rolls. Talk about delicious!!! Both were extraordinary, and now we have some cinnamon rolls for breakfast tomorrow that I made with extra yeast roll dough(okay, dessert tonight - who am I kidding). The soup and rolls didn't last long enough for pictures, but I acted fast and was able to snap a few of the cinnamon rolls:









But that's not all!! I also got a very special package in the mail today. Jo over at 14 Acres had an abundance of seeds she had saved and was generous enough to share:







Butternut Squash
Sugar Pie Pumpkin
Round French Zucchini
Aunt Ruby's German Green Tomato
Beam's Yellow Pear Tomato
WI 55 Tomato
Trophy Tomato
Red Zebra Tomato
Amish Paste Tomato


They are germination tested and everything. Wow - thanks so much Jo! You really are too sweet!!


I have a Germination Station update for you, but I'll save that for tomorrow when I can get a picture of the progress. Sweet dreams till then!

2 comments:

Annie's Granny said...

Hey, your cinnamon rolls look better than mine! Glad you enjoyed the recipe. I'm in a blog rut, so I guess I'd better go find something good to cook. Or clean up a cactus garden and take photos.

Caffeinated Mom said...

Ha! My cinnamon rolls were about 18 different sizes (quite a feat, when you consider there were only 8 rolls). Your rolls looked delicious - all symmetrical and nicely glazed.. yum! I know how you feel about running out of blog topics, but it won't be long before you're back in WA and outblogging all of us with your amazing garden!! :-)