Monday, April 5, 2010

The Damage

Here are some photos of the damage I found yesterday evening. I apologize for the terrible pictures - I thought I had taken some in the daylight, but apparently use of a memory card slipped my mind (pesky little detail).

Fortunately, one beautiful pot of buttercrunch remains. This is what it looks like (and what the others used to look like):



And now:





A Week Ago:



And Now:



A Week Ago:



Now:





I didn't venture out to take photos of the rest of the lettuce, cilantro, and peas (these were the plants on my porch) but you can take my word for it - it's not a pretty sight!

I haven't decided on a plan of attack yet, although I'll probably go with chicken wire first. Mark my words, cute little bunny cheeks - You've nibble your last CM lettuce!

4 comments:

Anna Flowergardengirl said...

I'm just this week trialing Hot Pepper Wax and it's working. I'm so sorry for all that damage. I know how it feels.

Annie's Granny said...

That just makes me whimper.

Erin said...

Oh no! I feel so badly for you, but I know you will recover. We all have destruction at one time or another, hopefully they have moved on to greener pastures (here's a thought -guerrilla gardening: go plant some of this stuff in your neighbors yard under cover of night, LOL!)

Caffeinated Mom said...

Anna - Thanks for stopping by! Please let me know if your hot pepper wax continues to work.. It might be worth trying.

Granny - Me too! Don't tell anyone, but I think a few tear drops rolled down my cheeks on Sunday evening.. I had plans for that buttercrunch! It was going to be so tasty!! Hopefully I can provide enough shade to get one more crop out of what's left before temps get too hot around here

Erin - That is a wonderful idea. You know we have a bit of a feud going on.... Wouldn't it just be terrible if the bunnies took up residence in her azalea bushes? Perhaps I could entice them with some lettuce and carrots... ;-)