Thursday, April 29, 2010

Exhausted...

...and nothing to show for it! My husband and I went to the Jimmy Buffett concert on Tuesday - I don't think I have to explain the reason for my exhaustion in any more detail!

It's been a whirlwind of activity around here lately with school, and work, and some minor home repairs. The weekend before last I planted my veggie bed with various squashes and melons. They are finally sprouting, so I'll post some pictures soon.
There was also a tiny little harvest I need to tell you about. You are well overdue for a proper update!

In the mean time, I am contemplating petitioning our HOA board for approval for a bigger garden next year. It will have to be aesthetically pleasing and budget friendly and made of raised beds. Do you know where I can find good design ideas?

4 comments:

Annie's Granny said...

There are some beautiful potager gardens at GardenWeb. Two that I really likes are at

http://tinyurl.com/2ckv9bb
http://tinyurl.com/2du4kp2 (scroll to the middle of the page for the pretty)

You might look through some of the older posts in the potager forum, I remember seeing some real beauties. Another place for ideas is a google images search for potager gardens

http://tinyurl.com/3ylrfo5

Sylvana said...

I liked this design: thetinylife.com/tag/raised-bed/

And there are always somethings like this: northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200384124_200384124

I'm glad I don't have an HOA to deal with - although my neighbors on the other corner think they are the head of our HOA.

Erin said...

I second what Granny said, Potager gardens are the way to go when dealing with HOA's. Print off some photos on the web of these, they are stunning!

BlazerGuy said...

Hey Ashley!
If you build the raised beds, I want to help you build them for sure!
There is this open lot I pass on my way home, and I didn't realize until this morning that it is someones huge nice garden that they are laying out and designing. I will get some pics of that maybe. You cna make some great looking raised beds farely easily. Everything else is just how you lay it out.