Monday, May 3, 2010

Harvest Monday

Close your eyes and imagine..

Three of the sweetest, crispest cucumbers that have ever touched your lips. Their seeds are small and soft. Their skin has never been covered in wax. They are full and heavy - 2 pounds in all.

Now imagine those cucumbers, sliced and piled atop a crunchy, spicy blend of lettuce, drizzled with a spicy mustard vinagrette.

Was it divine? I agree...



I hope you pictured it well, because that was my harvest - 2 pounds of cucumbers and 1/4 pound of mesclun lettuce. Unfortunately my computer has crashed and my photos went with it. Fortunately, my husband has graciously lent me his laptop and you already know what cucumbers look like!

This post is part of Daphne's Harvest Monday. Join in on the fun here.

7 comments:

Annie's Granny said...

Nope. Didn't work for me. You see, I hate cucumbers! I'd have chopped them up and made sweet relish out of them ;-)

Good going on the harvest, though. And you're at least two months ahead of me on the cucumbers. Maybe more if my garden blows away in this wind today.

Ottawa Gardener said...

Nooo lost pictures! Ack. However, you did paint a great picture in my mind. The harvest sounds delicious.

And Sow My Garden Grows said...

Wow! and yes your description works well for me :) You are so early (?) with cucumber harvest. I envy you! Glad to hear things are looking up and that your cucumbers were not taken over by critters.

Angela said...

Umm, delicious! You did a great job at describing your salad...

vrtlarica said...

Sometimes I’m worried what will I do if I loose my pictures this way. I should do a backup.

There is some 2 months before I will get my first cucumber harvest, my cucumber seeds have just germinated.

Erin said...

wow, cukes already! I love being able to just pick one or two for a salad before they start staging an attack!!

Daphne said...

I love my cucumber salads in the summer, so I can close my eyes and imagine. I've got a while to wait for the real ones though since the seeds haven't even been started yet.