Friday, May 28, 2010

So Long, Farewell

Auf Wiedersehen, goodnight......


I owe you more than an update, my friends, but I'm afraid it's going to be another week before I get it to you. You see, today was the last day of school and tomorrow we're packing up the family and heading to Disney World for a crazy week. I don't think further explanation is needed for the lack of recent posts (and the lack of posts for the upcoming week). Let's just hope I find a minute or two to finally relax!

This week has brought more cucumbers, basil, and several yummy tomatoes. 2lbs of cukes and 1/2lb of cherry tomatoes, to be exact.

I'm fortunate to have family nearby who will be house and garden sitting while we're gone. I sure hope they enjoy the fresh veggies!

Since this post is short on pictures, I figure I'll leave you with a few from a couple of weeks ago. I found these little critters when we were trimming back hedges. Obviously, we stopped trimming immediately and left them alone, but not before I snagged a few photos.







Until next week!

5 comments:

Annie's Granny said...

Have fun! We'll be here waiting for you ;-)

And Sow My Garden Grows said...

Have a great time! Your school is ahead of ours (we are out on the 9th) and we are hoping to hit Disneyland this summer with the kids :) Lots in common I see (with the exception of veggies already) I too recently was cutting some shrubs along our creek and stumbled across a nest with chicks and stopped. It's empty now and I now follow the no cutting in Spring rule. Great pics :)

Linda said...

Have a wonderful time in Disney, one of my favorite places! And the gardens there are beautiful. I'm jealous that you are already picking cucumbers, here in my Zone 5 garden they are just getting planted. But I can enjoy the produce everyone is getting vicariously and will make mine taste all the better this summer.

Amy said...

Your blog title made me laugh as I drink my coffee this morning. Sounds like a fun trip. Loved your photos!

Annie's Granny said...

Hey, you've been gone long enough. Get your buns back here! I miss ya ;-)