Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Contrary to Popular Belief

...I did not fall off a roller coaster and get lost in the darkness of Space Mountain. I did not get swallowed up by a crocodile on a jungle safari. And I most definitely did not get kidnapped by 7 little men.

On the contrary, we had a wonderful time on our Disney vacation. So much fun, in fact, that I needed a vacation from my vacation. You know the kind - where you work 40 hours a week and after work each day frantically clean your house from top to bottom leaving no blind undusted, no window unwashed, and no carpet unvaccuummed (despite whatever heavy bed or other furnishing are on top of it - ugh). It's what I lovingly refer to as Spring Cleaning, and since there are still 5 days left in Spring 2010, I am technically within the boundaries my silly brain allows. Score!

Unfortunately with all the hustle and bustle I've neglected both my garden and my readers. For that, I am truly sorry. Today, my Spring Cleaning entails catching up on my blog roll, taking some photos of the garden, and providing a real garden update on this here garden blog. There are several things to update you on - cherry tomato and cucumber harvests continue, and there has been so much growth and flowering!

PS: Thank you, Granny, for letting me know you missed my updates! Sometimes a girl can feel a little insignificant in the giant blogosphere. It's nice to know you cared enough to call me out on my delay in posting! :-)

7 comments:

Ribbit said...

So glad you guys had fun and you got back safely!

Annie's Granny said...

......and it's about time, young lady ;-) I missed your little significant self.

Erin said...

Glad you had a good vacation! Now get gardening and give us some updates! :)

And Sow My Garden Grows said...

Welcome home! Glad you enjoyed the time away. It's great to get away for awhile. Looking forward to more wonderful garden updates :)

Robin said...

Happy to hear that you had a nice vacation. Welcome back!

Caffeinated Mom said...

Thanks guys! It's good to be back! I'll be back with a garden status update as soon as I can find a thunderstorm-less afternoon in which to take pictures. Or Saturday morning, which ever comes first!

Linda said...

Glad you had a good time. I love Disney and we go there frequently but I know what you mean by needing a vacation when you get back!