Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Nothing to See Here (Part 2)

The rest of the garden has grown quite a bit over the last few weeks, although the heat is definitely taking a toll. I feel like a deep watering once a day just isn't enough - but it's the best I can do right now!

My zucchini and squash bed has really taken off, although one enormous zucchini plant might be stealing sunlight from the rest. The pictures don't do it justice, but here's the monster zucchini:



And the "normal" zucchini and squash plants:


Also in the squash bed are a few melons. They're beginning to grow and flower as well:







The rest of my tomatoes are growing. Some are beginning to flower. And some are even setting fruit:



What is that?

Yes!! These are the tomatoes I've been the most excited to try. They came from Jo at 14 Acres, who was so generous to share some seed.


The tomatillos are flowering as well, but don't seem to be setting fruit:



My bell peppers are beginning to flower like crazy.



I have 7 California Wonder Plants, 1 Jalopeno plant, and 2 Poblano Plants. They are really beginning to set some yummy looking fruit. I can't wait to grill this baby!



And my herbs are doing well. I don't have a picture of the rosemary, but it's hanging in there. The basil is enjoying the heat:


and so is the sage:


I need to think of some good recipes that call for sage. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

And Sow My Garden Grows said...

Lovely! I love seeing garden progress. My tomato plants are a little leggy this year but growing and seem healthy otherwise. My melon plant looks like yours. I better update my blog soon - you are inspiring me :)