1) I've been away for far too long.
2) Nothing is producing in this unrelenting heat - even me (I won't mention that I'm still wearing pajamas, but at least I have showered today..). He is the only one who knows how to beat the heat:
3) My blueberry bushes appear to be goners. I'm not sure what is wrong with them, but the leaves are turning red from the tips in, then shriveling up and falling off. It doesn't look good:
4) I have a mystery plant. According to my highly technical method of tracking what I planted (a free-hand graph doodled on the back of an envelope), it's supposed to be a melon. But I've never seen a melon PLANT (not vine) grow straight upwards - it's now about 2 feet tall. The flowers resemble tomatillo flowers, and they turn into green orbs that feel like they're hollow (see below). I can't imagine I mis-seeded a tomatillo, though, because I planted those months earlier in pots. Here are some photos of the mystery plant:
5) It won't be long before I get to try my first patty pan squashes. I just need to decide how to prepare them. There are 2 or 3 about this size:
6) There is no reason for anyone to own a magnifying mirror. And I most certainly do not recommend that you peer into one, especially just weeks before a mile-stone birthday.
7) Don't trust home hair color that promises to leave your hair blonde instead of red. It will, undoubtedly, leave it red.
Wallowing in admittedly ridiculous first-world self pity,
The Caffeinated Mom